Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 10

Hey guys!! My final week with the finance and accounting crew at Banner Medical Group's Mesa Corporate office was both bitter and sweet. Although it was awesome and fulfilling to finish my senior project, I will definitely miss working with Mr. Chad Cornell. I learned so much from him and because of my time there I will definitely pursue finance for my career. The last day I spent there I went over all of the key medical finance concepts I had learned this spring with him and wrote my own proforma. A profroma is essrlentislly a financial statement detailing the costs and benefits of making a purchase. In this case it was on the hiring of a new orthopedic surgeon. Financial statements that utilize the pro forma method of calculation are often designed to draw focus to specific figures when an earnings announcement is issued by a company and made available to the public, particularly potential investors. These pro forma statements may also be designed to indicate a change proposed by a company, such as an acquisition or a merger. Investors should be aware a company’s pro forma financial statements may hold figures or calculations that are not in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. In some instances, pro forma figures are vastly different than those generated with GAAP. We finished our day with an office pizza party!!

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to see that you've made it through in one piece and with some new knowledge, to boot! When you go into the finance career, will you be working at a hospital, or somewhere else? Additionally, what is your favorite part of working these types of jobs, sorting data, working with numbers, using excel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you've already reached the end of the project. I really hope you enjoyed what you did, and from the enthusiasm you showed, I'm sure you did. I'll try to attend your presentation. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your ten weeks of the project! Are you thinking about majoring in finance while in college? Also, good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your senior research project!!!! What was your favorite part of your whole experience?
    Good luck on your final presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your senior project! It's so exciting how through your senior project, you have decided to pursue finance as a career. Good luck on your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the information you have shared with us about the combination of finance and medicine. I was never really aware about how important this topic was until I read into your blog. Congrats on finishing your project and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete